The main results:
- Everyone who responded preferred Dumas Bay as a retreat site, citing the location, the food, the view, and the rooms as reasons.
- Most preferred April, although there were a few votes for March, early fall, October, or November.
- Most preferred to hold the retreat on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
As a result, Jeannie has started arrangements to hold the 2013 retreat at Dumas Bay on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, April 15, 16, and 17.
According to the survey, on average, people preferred about 30 percent of the time for classes and demonstrations and about 70 percent for non-structured time.
Some topics for future retreats included
- Simple crochet like for edgings
- Ravelry use and possibilities
- Jogless stripes
- Blocking (this topic came up several time)
- New patterns or stitches, colorwork
- Yarn trade, swap
- Fitting sweaters
- Fair isle
- Finishing techniques, two-handed color
- Two socks on two needles
- Dishcloth exchange for door prizes
New to the blog! Note the list of upcoming local knitting events. Thanks, Jeannie, for putting this list together.