Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, April 2, 3, and 4. If no one else is using the facility on those dates, we can check in at 9:30 a.m. on Monday and stay until 4 p.m. on Wednesday. The early check-in and late check-out may change if other groups are using the facility before, during, or after us.
Location: Dumas Bay Centre in Federal Way. Check the link for directions and more information about the facilities.
Bring your special things: tea bags, coffee, milk/creamer, your favorite cup, soda/water, or whatever you would like to drink. Sue V. will bring a pot for boiling water. Anyone bringing a coffee pot?
You may bring snacks to share with others.
Rooms: The rooms are singles. Each room has a sink and a toilet and linens. Bring an alarm clock if you need one.
Meeting Room: We will be in Banquet Room #1. Bring a pillow, back support, or a camp-style chair if you think you might need one. A map of the facility is on the Dumas Bay Web site, noted above. The meeting room has wireless Internet access.
- Check at the front desk for location of Banquet Room #1.
- Bring your knitting and come to Banquet Room #1. You will be given the key to your room.
- Show and share any techniques that you have learned.
- Free knitting time and spinners will give their talk on Z twist and S twist and will answer your spinning questions.
- Noon — lunch break
- 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. — open knitting
- 6 p.m. — dinner followed by open knitting.
- 8 a.m. — breakfast
- 10 a.m. — knitting backwards with Sue V. for those who are interested. Please bring worsted weight yarn or scraps with appropriate needles to go with your yarn for some samples.
- Noon — lunch break (lunch is not provided at Dumas Bay today; this is your chance to go out, perhaps visit a yarn store or two).
- 2 p.m. — charity knitting; if you are so inclined, tell us about your favorite charity while knitting
- 6 p.m. — dinner
- Evening — open knitting
- 8 a.m. — breakfast
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or thereabouts — open knitting
- Leave at your leisure.
This is a casual retreat; you may wish to just read, nap, walk the beach, or visit.