April retreat — what you need to know
Jeanne and her team are putting together a great retreat. So far, retreat participants include Joan C., Joan D., Pattie, Nita, Jeannie, Sue L., Jeanne, Naomi, Anne, Chris, Sue V., and Jane. You still have time to sign up by contacting Jeanne. The cost is $168, a heckuva deal that includes room, meals, demonstrations, camaraderie, and fun.
- Dates: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, April 4, 5, and 6. We can check in at 9 a.m. We can stay until 4 p.m. on Wednesday. Jeanne is working on costs for those who want to attend only one or two days.
- Location: Dumas Bay Centre in Federal Way. Check the link for directions and more information about the facilities.
- Meals: The fee includes lunch and dinner on Monday; breakfast and dinner on Tuesday; and breakfast on Wednesday. Meals are served buffet-style. You can go out to lunch on Tuesday or nibble on snacks. Note that while we can stay until afternoon on Wednesday, lunch on Wednesday is not included so if you stay you will have to forage for lunch.
- Coffee and tea service are not provided. Nita will bring a coffee pot and Sue V. will bring a kettle for boiling water. Two refrigerators and two microwave ovens are available, which are shared by all groups using the facility. Cooking is not allowed, nor is alcohol.
- Rooms are singles. All rooms have a sink and toilet. Showers and other restroom facilities are nearby down the hall. Linens are included. Each room has a clock-radio.
- Our meeting room is Banquet Room #1. The room has wireless Internet access.
- Snacks to share (can't have too many snacks). If you bring something that needs a serving utensil or plates, bring those also.
- Special blankets, pillows, back support/cushions, camp chair — whatever you need for comfort.
- Hair dryer, if you want one. And a big bath towel, if that's what you prefer.
- Tea bags, coffee, milk/creamer, sugar, soda, water. Bring your own cup for your beverage of choice.
Jeanne is still working on the schedule. Some of the demonstrations planned are:
- Two at a time on a circular needle — Jeannie
- Log cabin square — Naomi
- Two-handed Fair Isle — Joan D.
- Charity knitting, including Comfort Dolls for children with AIDS — Nita
|Joan's Fair Isle wrist warmers, inside and outside|
|Naomi's log cabin square|
If you have yarn, needles, patterns, books, supplies that you want to clear out of your house, bring them to the retreat to sells, swap, or give away. Only three easy requirements:
- You are responsible for your own pricing.
- You are responsible for your own sales, including making change.
- You are responsible for taking home anything that you don't sell or give away.